Product Spotlight: ExaGrid’s Disk Backup with Data Deduplication
April 22, 2014 by
Using ExaGrid’s Disk Backup with Data Deduplication to replace tape in the backup process can reduce backup windows by up to 90%. ExaGrid improves the speed and reliability of your backups and restores, including support for advanced virtualized sever recovery techniques such as instant VM recovery. It even offers the ability to transfer backup data to an installed system at a remote location to supplement or eliminate offsite tape. Multisite topologies where multiple locations can transfer backup data to a centralized site for DR protection is also supported.
- Highest performance for Backups
- Fastest backup performance using post-process deduplication, so nothing interferes with the data writing directly to disk, at the speed of disk.
- Back up windows kept permanently short as data grows by adding full servers (with processor, memory, disk, and bandwidth) in a GRID.
- Fastest Restores and Instant Recovery
- Fastest restore and tape copy performance from the most recent backup kept in its whole form. No reassembly from small blocks and large hash tables is required.
- Instant recovery of VMs from high-speed landing zone, which maintains a full copy of the latest backup. If the primary VM is unavailable, recover and run a VM from the ExaGrid system within minutes.
- Most cost-effective solution with no “forklift” upgrades
- Scalable next-generation GRID architecture with full servers provides plug-and-play expansion. To add an ExaGrid appliance, you simply plug it in and let ExaGrid’s GRID software virtualize the backup capacity pool.
- Multiple appliances allow full backups of 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 5TB, 7TB, 10TB, 13TB, or 21TB with corresponding raw capacity of 5TB, 7TB, 9TB, 11TB, 13TB, 16TB, 26TB, and 48TB, respectively. Any size appliance can be mixed and matched in multiple different configurations with up to ten servers combined into a single GRID of up to 480TB raw capacity, allowing full backups of up to 210TB.
- 50% lower total system cost vs competing systems over time by eliminating the costly “forklift” upgrades associated with first-generation front-end controller/disk shelf architecture.
For more information visit ExaGrid or contact CSB Technology Partners.