VMware Announces General Availability of VMware vSphere 6, VMware Integrated OpenStack and VMware Virtual SAN 6
April 15, 2015 by
Vmware, Inc announced the general availability of the industry’s first unified platform for the hybrid cloud featuring VMware vSphere 6, VMware Integrated OpenStack, VMware Virtual SAN 6, VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes, VMware vCloud Suite 6, and VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6.
This platform enables customers to produce a consistent environment across the private and public cloud and to run, protect, and manage modern or traditional applications, and spans the following solutions
- VMware vSphere 6 – Delivers breakthrough new capabilities to address the unique needs of business-critical and cloud-native applications. In addition to higher performance, scale, and consolidation ratios, VMware vSphere 6 also re-defines infrastructure and application service-levels and availability. There are more than 650 new features and capabilities available in VMware vSphere 6.
- VMware Integrated OpenStack – Full OpenStack distribution enables organizations to quickly and cost-effectively provide developers with open APIs to access VMware’s enterprise-class infrastructure. VMware packages, tests, and supports all components of the distribution, including the open source OpenStack code, and provides the distribution free of charge to vSphere customers.
- VMware Virtual SAN 6 – Introduces double the scalability and up to four and a half times greater performance in comparison to the previous release while adding several new enterprise-class capabilities, making it the ideal storage platform for virtual machines, including business critical applications. It also introduces an all-flash architecture, enterprise-grade snapshots and rack-awareness to protect against complete rack failures.
- VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes – A set of storage APIs that enables third-party storage arrays to dynamically provision capacity and data services for each virtual machine resulting in more agile, cost-efficient and simpler to manage storage infrastructure.
- VMware vCloud Suite 6 – Integrates VMware vSphere 6 with VMware vRealize Automation 6.2 and VMware vRealize Operations 6 to deliver a private cloud based on a softrware-defined data center architecture. The new release also introduces automated, rapid, virtual infrastructure costing and consumption reporting based on capabilities delivered within VMware vRealize Business 6 Standard.
- VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6 – Enables customers to optimize the performance, capacity and configuration health of VMware vSphere 6. An integrated platform and management solution, it simplifies infrastructure management with predictive analytics as well as automated recommendation and remediation capabilities.
Learn more about whats available click here or email us today!